Great info to help you learn more about your readers. Includes all genres.
This year’s survey report is now available. It’s taken me quite some time to compile the results because … as you know I spent the last five weeks recovering from a plane crash.
The survey attracted 2418 participants from around the world – 84% female and 16% male.
A few highlights to whet your appetite.
- AS IN PRIOR YEARS, THE SURVEY ATTRACTED HIGH VOLUME READERS– 72% read more than 20 books a year; 55% read more than 30
- 49% of participants USE SOCIAL MEDIA REGULARLY TO SUPPORT THEIR READING
- GENDER MAKES A DIFFERENCE– among the differences—women read more than men and use social media more regularly in support of reading; men and women prefer different types of stories and different non-fiction
- PRINT BOOKS REMAIN POPULAR– Of 2418 participants, 75% frequently or exclusively use print books
- Not surprisingly, ENTERTAINMENT IS THE DOMINANT REASON FOR READING…
View original post 181 more words