Another reminder of who I am and what I’m doing out here in the big bad world.
I had been a salesman at Sears for several years paying my way through college.
- But I loathed salesmanship.
- So I found ways to help match people with products that didn’t feel like salesmanship.
Now I’m an author who has books for sale.
- But I still loathe salesmanship.
- Marketing is an important tool for selling books.
- So I’ve discovered ways to help match readers with books that don’t feel like salesmanship.
Many authors feel like writing artists.
- Their writing is fueled by passion, not by finance.
- The reason they want sales is to share their passion with readers.
Many authors don’t feel like salespeople.
- Yet they need to sell books in order to share their passion.
- So they need to find ways to market their books that don’t feel like salesmanship.
Marketing without Salesmanship
What you want to avoid:
- Hyping up the book to sound better than it really is.
View original post 1,580 more words